Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2021, 11:33 AM
Super Late Model

Default 2021 Rolex 24 --TODAY!!

Starts @ 3:30pm.

Weather clear, but a little chilly tonight, due to be warmer tomorrow.

For those concerned about covid and crowds, they have a 6pm-12 midnight ticket available for the grandstands.

It isn't optimal, but you can avoid the crowds and sit in an largely empty grandstand for a while and enjoy the event.

Infield attendance will be limited, but I don't know by how much, nor how many regulars will stay home this year.

Chase Elliott and Jimmie Johnson are in Caddys, Allmendinger in an Accura, all capable of an overall win. Jet-Dryer Montoya shares the Allmendinger ride.

And another chance to watch the C8 Corvettes, which have had the bugs worked out and should be quick.

Finally, for those folks from St Augustine (not Jacksonville), the latest and baddest of Porsches will be their usual threat, for sure.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:36 PM
Super Late Model

I love that race. Too bad I don't have stupid money or I would be in the damn thing.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:23 AM
Super Late Model

I am pretty sure they require fenders...

This year's event was a good one.

Both the good news and the bad news (!): They have gotten the cars so good that there was no smoking, no missing fenders, no oil covered back bumpers, no one on the apron, etc.

Decent weather, cars running on the lead lap in most if not all classes, frequently within sight of each other.

And what I believe was the biggest sandbag job ever. You see, they "balance the power" (read restrictor plates, effectively), and due to previous sandbagging, ran a qualifying event--with points--to attempt to eliminate the 'bagging.

But somehow, old "Whiny Wayne" Taylor's Accura got a lot faster on the second day of the event, and stood off all challenges to be there for the win at the end.

Regardless of my speculation, congratulations to he and his Team for their third consecutive victory.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links