View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Super Late Model

Hey Boneman hope all is well. You brought back several memories of my dirt track visits with the long shows. Seems like dirt tracks are this way all over the country and as I have been told by many fans at these tracks, This is "Dirt Racing at its best". One visit I remember was that of a stop over in Fayeteville, North Carolina on our north bound trip a couple of years back. Starting time was approx 6 o'clock and they started on time, then the Time Trials for 17 divisions of cars which lasted about three hours, then heat races which numbered in the thirties, then the features. Fortunate they had the Carolina Clash late models first as we got to see the race we had planned for, and also part of the modified show. Finally we left at about 1:00 am, just couldn't watch any longer as our trip was to continue the following day. Spoke to desk clerk , who had a boyfriend racing in one of the divisions. she said the races ended about three thirty in the morning. So glad we left. Racing we saw was absolutely some of the best dirt racing we ever have seen. Show was just too dang long, concessions ran out of food way too early, and the concrete bleachers were very uncomfortable. All in all we still enjoyed the night. This has happened to me at tracks in Alabama, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia and others, all being dirt. Well Happy New Year to All and hopefully we will be able to get out and go to some races, other than Daytona, in 2021........