Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2019, 04:04 AM
Super Late Model

Default Stickler wins Mod 50 at Showtime

It was pretty much the Cody Stickler show in the Open Wheel Modifieds at Showtime Speedway Saturday night.Stickler set fast time amongst the twelve cars in attendance and came from the seven spot after the pre race invert and breezed to an easy victory beating Mark Nelson,Richie Smith,Doug Miller and Kyle Bookmiller to the winners circle.Rick Haugh notched another win in the street stocks,beating James Glover to the win.Glover was behind the wheel of Marty Neikens #70 for the evening.A short field of ten started.Brian Potvin took his winning ways at Citrus County Speedway on the road and did the same at Showtime grabbing the win in a good field of mini stocks,drag racing Sean Moore to the stripe off turn four and edging Moore's #51 out for the victory in a twenty car field.Eric Cuchta broke James Glovers win streak in the Super Mini feature with Glover chasing him a distant second.Glover released some frustration on the cool down lap dumping Cuchta around in a circle on the front straight.Im not sure what he was frustrated about but it had to be early in the feature or the heat race as he was never that close to him later in the feature.Shawn Senokossof took the win in the 25 lap Outlaw Figure 8 main against ten other starters.A lot of track clean up made for an extended evening with the races wrapping up at 11:30 pm.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Super Late Model

Default Mistake

Stickler did not set fast time.............Just saying

2009 Open Wheel Modified Champion CCMP
2011 Open Wheel Modified Champion CCS
2012 Open Wheel Modified Champion CCS
2013 Open Wheel Modified Champion Showtime
2018 Open Wheel Modified Champion Showtime
Old 06-24-2019, 01:42 PM
Super Late Model

Default lol I stand corrected then!!

I guess I didn't catch that.Wouldn't have either if you didn't mention it.Honestly thanks.Be back on the 4th for you guys .

Last edited by zerofor : 06-24-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: getting old and slow lol
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Super Late Model

Default On a side note

Robert Yoho has banned the winning car from last Saturday driven by Stickler as well as Richie Smith's car from competing in the upcoming 75 lap race on the 4th of July.The driver themselves haven't been banned,just the car they were in on 6/22.Richie Smith has a second car,so no telling if he shows up with it or not and no telling how this effects the cars being allowed to keep competing at other tracks,namely Citrus County.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Super Late Model

Are we aware of any particular part of the cars that offend Mr. Yoho?

How about Dick Anderson's car?

It looks like 12 cars finished that race, it is hard to believe that two would be cut from the field.

At any rate, good news for Mr. Miller.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Super Late Model

Default Old School

He did mention Dick Anderson, but not in that same way.Yoho has per his norm posted several ramblings this week on Facebook. His biggest issue is the body and how it is set and the rake on the rear quarters and the wedge it creates.He went on to say that several things on both cars were pushing on the seams of the envelope. I have to admit,when I saw both of those cars hit the track at Citrus about a month ago that something told me those bodies would become an issue on those two cars in particular. Also for anyone who hasn't heard the race on July 4th,which was originally scheduled to be 100 laps,has now been shortened to 75.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Super Late Model

Thx, 04.

The "ramblings" are indeed interesting, the one on June 25 particularly.

It sounds like a little sheetmetal work is in order. It happens.

Kudos to Mr. Yoho for trying to improve car count.

If anyone has a picture of these cars that would be interesting.

I am tentatively planning on attending the July 4th event @ Showtime--headlining a 75 lap modified feature, which kicks off at 7pm.

ps--They usually have pretty good fireworks.

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 07-01-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Super Late Model

Default Old School

It will take a tadbit more than simply a little sheet metal rework on those two cars.I would hazard to say a complete body relocation and possibly widening towards the front and changing of the rear quarters and slant of the roofline. You can see they are trying to create a wedge effect with the body and in comparison to the other mod bodies out there are drastically different. I follow Mike Eddy's son Travis Eddy on Facebook and he is campaigning and building modifieds out of his home base of Michigan and he recently asked on Facebook if as far as the Bonneville salt flats if people thought that building a wedge style body on a modified would make it faster there.Now that sounds like a hypothetical asking for a friend type of question. Lol So me thinks it's kind of a let's see what we can get away with kind of deal.Up until now at Showtime it had.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Late Model

Robert references "lifting rules from the New Smyrna rulebook". I am hoping that some of the NSS cars come over for the fouth of July event to see how they stack up against the West Coast competitors.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Late Model

Why would he ban the cars from a race, instead of just making them fix/change the bodies?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Super Late Model

Default 50x

Yoho mentioned that it wasn't just the bodies.He said that several things on both cars in question had things that were digging into gray areas of the rules.He didn't get into any specifics though except for the bodies.Honestly though even though I think it's partially on him for letting it get by the first time,I think it IS better to ban the cars right now,rather than let them run then dq them in post race tech.That happened a couple years ago at Citrus for the Eddie Bran Memorial and most of the field got dq'd in tech.And IMO that's a bs thing to do for a big race.Especially if you tech those same cars all year and never seem to have an issue with it.I think these post race tech dqs give your track a black eye and makes your entire operation look like its a bunch of dumb clucks running the show.I would like seeing the fastest,and best cars run.But not if you're just going to dq them in tech.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:29 AM
Super Late Model

Default For anyone planning to attend

there is a 50 percent chance of rain for race time.The rain date is Saturday night June 13th.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Late Model

Default YoYo Speedway

Why not let them fix the cars, do a pre race inspection and let them race? Oh, that's right, this is YoYo world. NoShow Speedway. What a joke!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Super Late Model

"I think these post race tech dqs give your track a black eye and makes your entire operation look like its a bunch of dumb clucks running the show.I would like seeing the fastest,and best cars run. But not if you're just going to dq them in tech."--04

Absolutely agree.

I also agree with Bandit II's point--the answer is pre-race tech. Have them add weight if something is both obvious and hard to fix and let 'em race, then make changes for "next time".

"Why would [Yoho] ban the cars from a race, instead of just making them fix/change the bodies?"--Driver 50x

Agree yet again. They are just cars. I am hopeful/confident that they will be adequately "fixed" for tonight, in fact.

Promoters are just people. From F1 to NASCAR, they seem to make errors from time to time.

Hoping tonight goes well for all involved. If it rains, there is always "Punky's Bar and Grill", which will reportedly have a group of "progressives" meeting to discuss democracy (!).

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 07-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Late Model

I agree about not DQ’ing them all I post race tech. I think the best answer is to make an announcement about which rules you are cracking down on, and give everyone a week to fix things ahead of time. I know that being a promoter, and a tech man, are tough jobs. I know that Yoho is a bit quirky, but I’m very glad that he is keeping the racetrack in operation. It always seems like he is always trying to do the right thing, in his own way of course! ��
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links