Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for you input for a special series I want to do on WAUC Racing country roundu

While we get closer to the mid season break at most tracks I want to have a few week discussion on our show and build the Mt Rushmor of Florida short track racing.

It will be 5 Florida legends. Who would you put on and why.

Letís start the discussion here below.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Super Late Model

Cool This is a hard one !!

How do you do five guys? I can think of five that ran Sprint cars. I can also think of five that ran dirt mods in the North East. You have five that ran national short track series. We had five great driver that ran national dirt series. We have five that were great in Nascar. Last but not least we have a ton of awesome drivers that ran on the local Florida Home Tracks. I think this will make for a great show !!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Late Model

There are so many, past and present, that are great (including 2nd & 3rd gen drivers) that it is indeed hard to narrow it down, but my picks are:

Dick Anderson, Buzzie Reutimann, Gary Balough, Ernie Bass, & Frank Riddle.

We using sandstone or...?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2019, 05:30 PM
Administrator

It will be a multi week show to discuss and narrow them down and debate. I think it will be fun to talk about the past and the history of Dlorida racing legends.

I hope to maybe photo shop all together for the studio once we decide.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Super Late Model

Tough topic!

Clyde Hart had a huge and lasting impact on Florida short-tracking. He kicked the idea of pavement winternationals events into high gear, and built a lasting dynasty around them. He also built New Smyrna Speedway, which has been the pavement mother-ship for a few generations.

How about Gary Balough? Love him or hate him, there is no one else who has generated so much interest in short tracks. Uncountable wins, terrible set-backs, innovations, controversy, domination and always a loud response from the fans: half cheering and half booing.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Super Late Model

"Gary Balough?...always [generated] a loud response from the fans: half cheering and half booing."--Boneman

Yep, in fact, I did my share of both, depending on how things were working out on any given evening.

When I think about it, a lot of my "great" picks are like that... Don L., Harry Pullen...Dumont Smith...
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links