Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 02:57 AM
Super Late Model

Default Sergi wins a doorslammer at Citrus,and I made a personal connection to an FHP Trooper

Eighteen super latemodels qualified at Citrus County Speedway.Leading the way was Anthony Sergi.Mike Bresnehan had a rocket though.And it looked like he had a win sewn up but a lap (48?) restart gave Sergi one last run at him with Daniel Keene Jr following along a not so close third.Sergi dove underneath Bresnehan's#7 going into turn three and door slammed him almost sideways coming out of turn four,with Bresnahan going up to the wall to save it but not before Keene grabbed second and the checker waved over Sergi.I couldn't hear much of the post race interviews but Sergi was met with a round of boos from the stands.Wes Wilson beat his brother Sport Harley Wilson to the victory in the pure stock feature,breaking Larry Welter Jr's(who wasn't in attendance)and Sport Wilsons stranglehold on the pure stock features at the track this season.In the post race interviews Wes Wilson revealed the #50 car he has driven most of the season was built as a tribute to his parents 50th wedding anniversary and he had promised his dad he would drive it until he won a feature in it.And he concluded that now he will be back in his regular #4 ride.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:14 AM
Super Late Model

Default how I made a personal connection with a FHP trooper

after I left the speedway I drove south through Brooksville heading to Pasco County.Right after I left Brooksville I felt a tire coming apart.I was still around 25 miles from home or thereabouts and limped it along running 25-35 mph.I made it to and through Dade City and was about a mile and a half from home.I needed to make a left turn about a quartermile up as I limped along in the right lane and saw a couple pair of headlights closing up on me.One vehicle (a pickup) swerved as he flew up on me at a high rate of speed.First he swerved left,then right into the grass,sideswiping me down the entire passenger side of my car before pulling it back up onto the road and making a u-turn where I was supposed to make my left turn and heading back north towards Dade City.I tried to follow but now on a flat tire,lost him quick.So I call 911,they send FHP,and it was the same gal trooper that made out the report when it happened to me in November.I told her I thought my car had a target painted on it.She suggested possibly moving would make it easier on the car.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:00 AM
Super Late Model

So sorry to hear about your car, sir.

Consider a quick stab of the wheel to the right next time about when their rear quarter panel is even with your RF fender.

As long as your stuff is getting folded up you might as well have the satisfaction of spinning them out.

"It was a reflex action, officer".

Meanwhile, now you have to convince Flo at Progressive that Spectator Racing really isn't your hobby (...it really isn't, correct?).

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 07-14-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Late Model

Default I noticed in the official race finishes from last night

Keith Zavrel in the #47x was dq'd in the superlate main for rough driving.He ran in the top five for most of the feature and had a running door shot battle going on with Daniel Keene as well as another car or two.Somehow though in today's world Zavrels actions were grounds for a dq but Sergi's last lap maneuver wasn't.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Super Late Model

Default old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool+ View Post
So sorry to hear about your car, sir.

Consider a quick stab of the wheel to the right next time about when their rear quarter panel is even with your RF fender.

As long as your stuff is getting folded up you might as well have the satisfaction of spinning them out.

"It was a reflex action, officer".

Meanwhile, now you have to convince Flo at Progressive that Spectator Racing really isn't your hobby (...it really isn't, correct?).
I fed the little lizard to Flo many years ago,and then had the General line her up in front of a firing squad before I informed him I never actually hired him.Since now the right side of my car looks the part,I guess now there's no reason to be worried about taking it up as a new hobby.I might need a better set of skins on it though.