Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Comics Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Talking Police Sensitivity

DATELINE:
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
MARCH 2, 2009

Phoenix Police today reported finding the unidentified body of a man floating in the Salt River.

The victim apparently had drowned due to the excessive consumption of narcotics.

When recovered, the man's body was dressed in black fishnet stockings,
stiletto heels, a red garter belt, a strap-on dildo, and an OBAMA tee-shirt.
He also had a large cucumber stuffed up his rectum.

The police thoughtfully removed the OBAMA tee-shirt to
spare the victim's family any unnecessary embarrassment.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Default identity of vic

Kinda brings to mind?????? Oh I know Backdoorbob.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:57 AM

Yeah...I wasn't going to speculate on that but now that you mention it...I think he is among the missing around here lately isn't he?

Ummm....then to further add to the possibility...there's the "Rump Ranger" tat police found on his back but was held out of the newspaper in order to help investigators identify the real perp from the wacko's...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Super Late Model

Default jim fenton

i know now why you allways drove with one arm in old days you were writing jokes for old days while you were racing

it's wonder them faircloth boys didn;t knock your arm off FOUR right see ya
Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM

Do you mean that OVALRACER44 is on the loose????
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronabneysr View Post
i know now why you allways drove with one arm in old days you were writing jokes for old days while you were racing

it's wonder them faircloth boys didn;t knock your arm off FOUR right see ya
Yep, yep. I know we're getting off-topic here but since you brought it up, we did have our moments for being related:

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Super Late Model

Default this is off record

but wouldn't there another faircloth just as good as you and kenny well maybee each of you guys had your moments you seemed to have won a lot you allways had a cool car seeya ron abney you probably don't know me very well i stayed suspended a lot had lot drivers drive for me something about
rough driving and fighting but i was young have mellowed out lot im my older days
Old 05-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Ron,
You must be thinking about Jesse Faircloth. Jesse was Kenny's kid brother. As far as racing talent, he was never as good as Kenny, or their daddy Marshall Faircloth for that matter.

I don't like to say anything bad about anybody but lets just say that Jesse's talents lay elsewhere other than racing. Jesse had a short fuse and a temper to match. Belive me, all the Faircloths were scrappers, and I wouldn't have wanted anybody else on my side going into a fight but you couldn't beat Jesse in a fight. He was small in stature but that never mattered to him. He would reach around and pick up a equalizer in pair of seconds if he could get his hands on something to even it up. The problem was if you beat him fair and square under the lights in the pits, it was never over. You could count on payback down the road.

Most notable in Jesse's racing career was one night years ago at Sunshine when Jesse was driving Marshall's 1958 Chevy Late Model. In the feature Jesse had a little altercation with Bobby Fields and they both ended up in the infield. Bobby climbed out of his car and headed towards Jesse to settle things. However, instead of getting out of his car Jesse decided to run him over. In the ensuing melee, (Jesse chasing Bobby around the infield in Marshall's Late Model with Bobby trying desperatly to hide behind something), Marshall ran Jesse down on foot, got to the passenger's side door and tried to shut the engine off and stop the car.

Jesse then took off back onto the racetrack and made a few laps at full speed with Marshall hanging out of the passenger side window before he could get the thing shut off. A very scary episode indeed.

Jesse died instantly at his home Crystal River in 1972 from a shotgun wound. He left behind a wonderfull wife (Linda) and kids.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Late Model

Default Wow

I was there that night, but all these years I thought it was you with your Daddy hanging out the passenger side. I remember the incident, and the wreckers trying to get the car stopped. It was a scary few minutes for sure.
Never thought it was anyone but you (sorry bout that)... must have been the FALSTAFF that got me confused (remember that stuff?).

OSF:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Gold Member

wait, wait, wait.

Jesse was running around the track at speed with the car owner hanging out the side? damn why didn't he just say, "I quit"?

AC Automotive - mechanical issues
1112 Old Dixie Highway, Bldg C-6
ph: 772-569-6121 ask for Ray Cook

Suncoast Auto Body - paint, collision repair, frame straightening and Auto sales
1050 Old Dixie Highway
ph: 772-562-3001 ask for Leon Turnage

IN
famous for my INtemperance on the INternet.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Super Late Model

Default thanks fenton four

had lot fun back in them days i ran figure eight bacck then at sunshine and gate back with arron collier and old guys . i worked hard on my car lot hour so thats why i'm gonna blame my fighting on if you wrecked me on purpose we were going have an assssssssssssss whhping party .. i still have five cars my son drives and he is a good boy and he don't have a temper and he can controll it till i teel him on radio don't take that shiiiiiiiiiiiiii use your bumpercourse he is 6foot six and he fills up and open wheel modified clean driver but if both of us have to you know what i mean see ya
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sunshine Fan View Post
I was there that night, but all these years I thought it was you with your Daddy hanging out the passenger side. I remember the incident, and the wreckers trying to get the car stopped. It was a scary few minutes for sure.
Never thought it was anyone but you (sorry bout that)... must have been the FALSTAFF that got me confused (remember that stuff?).
Yeah I thought I’d seen where you or someone else made that comment back on the old board but suffering from advanced stages of CRS as I am I can’t remember who it was that posted the blog at the time.

Naw….that wasn’t me. I did some things I wasn’t proud of back in my racin days but nothing that low. My pop was a retired cop from the Detroit PD. I loved and respected him immensely. He enjoyed racing more than anything and attended all of my races that he could from just about day-one. Here are a few pics of him joining in on the celebrations at the start-finish line.

Since we’re already so far off topic on this thread, I’ve got a funny story about my dad.

He kept after me to take him for a ride in the Four Late Model just to see how it felt. I made the mistake of asking for permission ahead of time from both promoters at Sunshine and the Gate and was turned down from both tracks due to the liability.

I then decided I would just pop him in there one night at some other track out of town that I didn’t race at frequently in the event I got caught and was suspended or put on probation so it wouldn’t have the impact at our local tracks where I was point racing for the most part.

Well, the time came one night up at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA. It was final practice before the main event and I said; “you ready to go for a ride”? We stuck a boat cushion on the floor on the passenger side for heat, tied him in best we could with tie-down straps, stuck my spare lid on his head and away we went.

I managed to run 5 – 6 hot laps in traffic, up outside of a few cars right against the wall, etc., etc. before the flagman spotted my passenger and pointed the black flag at me.

I thought maybe I had successfully put the fear in him along with possibly a streak in his drawers and assumed I was going to catch hell for taking him up so close to the wall but instead the first thing he said once he climbed out was; “man-o-man I can’t believe how loud that thing is inside”!! That’s all he talked about on the way back home, how loud that exhaust was. (Both pipes dumped out of the passenger side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd McCreary View Post
wait, wait, wait.

Jesse was running around the track at speed with the car owner hanging out the side? damn why didn't he just say, "I quit"?
He wasn’t done yet. You see Jesse’s elevator went all the way to the top but the doors didn’t open. This was the most gut-wrenching thing I’d ever seen at the races because it was family. Marshall’s legs were actually straight out, parallel to the track a few times because Jesse was going so fast trying to shake him off. Fortunately they corralled him in with wreckers and push trucks before he killed someone.

Needless to say, that was Jesse’s last ride in a race car to my knowledge. That was also Marshall’s last racer that he owned himself. In fact, Marshall was so upset over the incident that he sold the car that night to Andy Anderson for practically nothing. Andy brought the car back the next weekend painted red with his number #97 on the side.

I don’t have many pics of Marshall but here’s one taken in the late 60’s at Sunshine after a win with his car. That’s his granddaughter, and my niece Terri Faircloth pictured with him.

Marshall was tragically killed not too long after this was taken (1970) in a freak accident on a tractor he was operating while clearing land he owned up in Pasco County.

RIP Marshall.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Fenton View Post

Since we’re already so far off topic on this thread, I’ve got a funny story about my dad.

He kept after me to take him for a ride in the Four Late Model just to see how it felt. I made the mistake of asking for permission ahead of time from both promoters at Sunshine and the Gate and was turned down from both tracks due to the liability.

I then decided I would just pop him in there one night at some other track out of town that I didn’t race at frequently in the event I got caught and was suspended or put on probation so it wouldn’t have the impact at our local tracks where I was point racing for the most part.

Well, the time came one night up at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA. It was final practice before the main event and I said; “you ready to go for a ride”? We stuck a boat cushion on the floor on the passenger side for heat, tied him in best we could with tie-down straps, stuck my spare lid on his head and away we went.

I managed to run 5 – 6 hot laps in traffic, up outside of a few cars right against the wall, etc., etc. before the flagman spotted my passenger and pointed the black flag at me.
I thought I had a few shots of that trip so I scrounged around in my stuff and Wallah!

This is September, 1974 at Woodstock.

The first one captures me with my dad inside the car either before or after 'the ride', I can't remember which.

The second shot is me and a very young Bryan Wescott standing beside the #4 in the pits.

Sponsored Links