Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Comics Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Super Late Model

Lightbulb OK..lets do something intelligent here!

Some of us are not up to date on politics... soon we will have to vote for the President of the United States. i have been told that i am not doing my duty as an American citizen because i am not familiar with the issues of each candidate. and it is partly true. so what i would like from you is this:
please tell me what each candidate stands for and what benefit they would be to our country's future. PLEASE dont not be insulting or rude... we should know what to expect before we can make judgement. before we vote we should know what we are voting for. which candidate wants to continue the war/which doesnt? which supports "infanticide"/which doesnt? which can deal with leaders in other countries/ which cant?which will help the elderly with their medical problems? which will do something about the alarming crime rate? things like that.... i want to vote and i DO take it seriously! please help me learn about the candidates. thank you... no predjudice please...just the issues.
carolwicks aka OZ

Last edited by carolwicks : 08-29-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Super Late Model

If you want the truth, no predjudices, and issues only; why do you put the differences between the koran and the bible in your post?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Super Late Model

Default Koran/Bible

one of the issues with people is that Obama supposedly believes in the Koran rather than the Bible. most dont know the difference so i looked some of it up (generalizing of course) to show the difference...
thanks for the site.
carol
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwicks View Post
one of the issues with people is that Obama supposedly believes in the Koran rather than the Bible. most dont know the difference so i looked some of it up (generalizing of course) to show the difference...
thanks for the site.
carol
It should not matter. That is why our forefathers wanted freedom of religion.

People have tended to skew the facts a little. We are not at war with the Muslim religion. We are at war with radical whack jobs. Hitler was raised a Catholic, and although he was not known to be a religious person, it was reported that he believed in the Bible. He was quite arguably one of the worlds worst terrorists ever know. Does this mean we should fear a Christian presidential candidate?

Religion and politics are two things that should never be combined. One should not use religion to govern people. Religion should not influence laws.

That said, Obama says what a lot of people are feeling. Whether we can trust him is another. I agree and disagree with a lot of points he makes. Same with Mccain. Can we trust Mccain. He is willing to keep us at war regardless of how in debt it makes this country. We are already at the breaking point of which our creditors will soon no longer front the U.S. government money. Both sides Republican and Democrat have become big spenders. No longer is the Republican party affiliated with Western Conservatism. The the republican party is now a mark of southern conservatism. Two unrelated types of conservatism.

Western Conservatism = Fiscal conservatism
Southern Conservatism = Social conservatism/ Christan influence

I for one am fed up with southern conservatives. No where does anyone have the right to take their religion and use it to govern my or anyone elses personal lives.

This election will be a matter of what type of screwing do you prefer.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwicks View Post
thanks for the site.
carol
But the FACT is, is he is a Christian so that should have been left out of the original post. Now if you want to decide if you like his type of Christianity, that is up to you. Should we not vote for McCain because he is considering a Jew for a running mate?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Late Model

Default you misunderstood...

i personally agree with you....but i have heard people say they wont vote for him because he believes in the Qu'ran and not the Bible. Christians seem to think that stores that advertise Christian ownership are to be trusted. they think anyone who professes to be Christian are automatically trustworthy... well it aint so... of all the differences you could find to convince me about who i should consider for president... i dont care if a Jew, a Mexican, a black, or anyone else...run... just tell me the IMPORTANT reasons i should consider one over the other. leave predjudice out because i am not predjudice.... i will remove the difference because my reasoning seems to have confused you...or maybe i worded it wrong.. oh God... please try to give me the information i seek.....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Veteran

Default Obama/McCain

I have not listened to any speeches that McCain has done nor have i paid much attention where i think attention is needed at this point in the game. I did listen to Obama's wife and her speech and i did listen to Obama's speech over coffee and company. And the only thing that made me stop my conversation with company was when he said lowering taxes. THAT will get my attention every time. Obama has broad ideas, excellent outlooks on how this country should be run. I think he would do his absolute best at running a country. Many would not agree. But i believe that he is our future or he has a good chance at winning this election and will show this country his very best. The fact that he seems genuine in his speeches along with his backers is another plus. We all have different religions but i dont think that makes us any different. We have the same body parts. We are no different except the color or skin which should make no bit of difference at all. But my vote is for Obama. He will make this country better or at least die trying.
Sponsored Links